January 30, 2011

DIY No. 04 - Puppy Poinsettias


I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to share a little doggie-DIY project I did for Christmas...

Fact, when my extended family gets together for holidays, we are out numbered by dogs.  This year I took inspiration from pup's christmas collar and made all the dogs felt poinsettias that attach to their collars with a little elastic band.  The felt is super soft and didn't seem to bother them one bit (unlike the jingle bell collars some of the dogs where shamed to wear last year, very unfortunate).  The packaging was super easy - a ziplock bag with a 2" strip of scrap book paper folded to conceal the opening, hole punched and tied with twine.  easy, cheap, and super adorable.  Great way to get the dogs "dressed" for the holidays!  Leave a comment or email me if you would like the template I created to make these.

p.s.  Lots of possibilities to take this idea into other seasons... what about a sunflower or daisies for that 4th of july party this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment